Information We Collect
Our main purpose in collecting personal information is to provide and improve our Website and Services to meet the compensation needs of our users. We collect personal information from you when you provide data while using our Services or from third-parties, such as your employer who may purchase a Service.
We collect personal information from you when you:
- Sign-up for a CtrlSal account: If you sign-up for a CtrlSal account, we will ask for your identifiers such as your email address and a password. You also will have the option to provide your name. After you create a CtrlSal account and log-in to our Services, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- Complete a salary survey: If you complete a salary survey, we will ask for detailed professional and employment-related information, like your education and employment history. We will ask for the schools you’ve attended, skills you’ve attained, current and past job titles, cities and states for current and past jobs, and current and past compensation information to provide you with a customized salary report and other Services you request. Certain portions of that data from the salary survey will be included to improve the data of our anonymous and aggregated salary database called Crowdsourced Data. To learn more about the methodology used to develop and maintain our Crowdsourced Data.
- Request a Demo: If you request a demo from us, you will be asked to provide us your contact information and other relevant information about you and your business, so we can contact you for scheduling and demo to you the appropriate service based on your business structure and needs. That information is stored in our internal systems to allow us to manage our relationship with you.
collect personal information about you when you interact with our Services:
- Log Information: We receive and record electronic networking activity information about your interactions with our Services, such as your computer information, connection information, like your IP address, CtrlSal cookie information, and the page(s) you visited.
- Usage Data: We also collect usage data, such as when you last logged in, what pages you viewed, links you clicked, collected by cookies about the pages viewed, links clicked, and other actions are taken when accessing our Services.
We collect information about you from third parties when:
- Businesses buy our Services: We may receive information about you from your employers, such as your name, job title, salary history, and other compensation-related information if your employer has purchased our Services for its business. If your employer is a CtrlSal customer, you can learn directly from your employer about what information it shares with us, which will vary based on the particular Service used. We may also get your information from other businesses or partners who think you would receive value from our Services.
- You connect third-party services to our Services: When you choose to connect third-party services or accounts with your CtrlSal account or our other Services, we may receive information about you from that third-party provider.
- You are referred to a job posting CtrlSal has job postings for its company and we have an option that allows your friend or other visitors of our Website to forward you our job posting if they think you might be interested in it. In such an instance, we ask for your first and last name and email address to deliver this job referral to you.
Your Rights and Obligations
What rights do I have over my account information and preferences?
You can edit your CtrlSal account information and preferences at any time. If your information changes, you may delete, correct, or update it by making the change in your CtrlSal account settings on your own. We retain the personal data you provide while your CtrlSal account is in existence or as required to provide, operate, and maintain the Website and Services.
Other Important Information
How is my information protected?
We implement security safeguards designed to protect your data and we monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, there is no guarantee that your data will not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. For information about how CtrlSal is dedicated to protecting your data, we invite you to visit our Data Protection page.